Monday, June 3, 2013

As Seen on Pinterest

It's Pinterest Monday! Like many of my friends and relatives, I'm a weeeee bit hooked on Pinterest. I enjoy being creative, but I often joke that with Pinterest, I never have to have an original thought again!

Today I thought I'd share my own version of something I saw on Pinterest a while back. House No. 3 has a small powder room off the entry. It's pretty cute and has a pedestal sink. However, with a pedestal sink, that means there's no place to keep stuff! And you NEED stuff in a bathroom! Am I right?

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a super idea:

And here's what I did:

The rod came from Ikea. I bought it for House No. 1 and actually sort of used it in House No. 2. I picked up the baskets at Michaels for $4.00 each. I like them because they are nice and sturdy, and framed with thick wire. As for the ribbon, I just happened to have it on hand, because, well I'm a bit of a hoarder. It came wrapped around some pillows I purchased several years ago, and I just couldn't throw out a nice length of grosgrain ribbon!

The baskets are really handy. I'm keeping soap, extra towels, and toilet paper in them. My husband tried to put an ugly tub of anti-bacterial wipes in one of them, which I promptly relocated to the laundry room.

It's a simple project for a lot of convenience!

No comments:

Post a Comment