Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Homemade Salsa

One of  my favorite summertime (or anytime) snacks is chips and salsa. I especially love homemade salsa made with fresh tomatoes and cilantro! I'm sure there are as many versions of homemade salsa out there as there are fireworks for the Fourth of July. This is one I've made up over the years. It's really easy and so refreshing! By the way, I like chopping up everything by hand. I know you can make quicker work of it by using a food processor, but I prefer the way it all turns out hand-chopped.

First, dice up 3-4 fresh tomatoes. 

 Then, add  in 1/2 of a small onion, diced. If they're available, the Vidalia sweet onions are the best!

 Squeeze in the juice of one lime.
Add in some salt and garlic powder to taste. 

 Chop up a bunch of cilantro. Chop up a green chile (I forgot to snap a picture of that part).
Stir it up and enjoy!
housenumberthree.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment