Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Introductions

Hello! I'm so glad you came by. When I was growing up with my four siblings, our house seemed like Grand Central Station at times. There were always people coming and going, friends popping in, dogs to walk, chickens to feed, and even an iguana or two. Amid all that hustle and bustle, my mom was always in the middle of it all, wallpapering the living room, crocheting edges on pillowcases, and adding to her collection of Delft Blue pieces. I must have inherited a bit of that from her, because my mind is ALWAYS racing with clever (and-not-so-clever) ideas for my own house!

After five years of renting, my husband and I finally bit the bullet and bought ourselves a house last month. There was a lot to love about this house (the third we've owned) but there was also a lot that needed some love. As my good friend, Jen, would say, "It has good bones."

Indeed!
So I hope you'll check back often for all of the clever (and not-so-clever) things we do along the way. Tell your friends, because this is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Excited to hear about it all. Cameron and I miss living in the home we own and sprucing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you blog about! I love what you have done so far!!

    ReplyDelete